General Website and Email Privacy
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- The types of Personal Information that we may Collect includes information necessary to provide
our Content and Services. This may include personal information which contains identifiable
information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, screen name, profile pictures,
email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, details about your telephone
device (e.g. mobile phone) and your telephone service provider and if you are a member,
information related to the method in which you pay the membership fees (“Personal
- We may also Collect other information, including your interests, preferences, purchasing
behaviour, transactional information, geographical location (which could include various
technologies that determine your actual location, such as geographical data from your mobile
device (GPS or IP location)) and demographics (e.g., age, gender, and income information).
- We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Information we Collect to only that to which you
consent (for example, in the context of online membership registration, message boards, surveys,
polls, receiving newsletters, SMS and other mobile services).
- When you visit our Website, or use our email our web server also automatically records the name
of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites
you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit.
- We, our third party service providers and our partners, may send “cookies” to your computer or
use similar technologies to enhance your online experience at our Website and across the
Internet. “Cookies” are files that can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal
preferences as product preferences to tells us which site pages you have visited and in what order.
analyse traffic on the website and to track user trends, patterns and selections for authorised
download and for technical reasons connected with your use of our site. Cookies can either be
permanent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary.
- Our email server will collect header information for support purposes and deleted after 60 days.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide Services or Content you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic
means our newsletters or other services in which you express an interest);
- allow you to participate in recreational activities on the Website (e.g promotional
activities, promotional events;
- inform you of changes made to our Website;
- inform you of content, services, promotions, offers and competitions which you may find
- respond to any queries you may have;
- develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section;
- develop your membership profile, if you are a member;
- understand general trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and
ongoing strategies for our services and educational content; and
- for security, administrative and legal purposes.
- Where you choose to receive mobile services and content via SMS, MMS and other mobile
services, we use this information to deliver such mobile services and content to you, to carry out
market research, to track sales data and to plan other promotional or educational activities which
may be of interest to you.
WHAT ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE?
If at any time our Website offers any chat rooms, message boards, blogs, news groups or forums, etc., we
Collect the information that you disclose. Such information will be used in accordance with this Privacy
Policy. Please note that we are not responsible for other parties’ use of the Personal Information which
you make available to such third parties through any chat room, message board, blog, news group or
forums, etc. on our Website
WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
- We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- promoting our services;
- we will never use or sell your information to market to 3rd parties;
- You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Information for the
purposes of marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you
to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place up to-date,
reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information
against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorized
disclosure or access to the information we Collect online or that was offered by you when signing
up for a service.
- While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we
will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and
HOW WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We store your Personal Information in South Africa. We may also or alternatively store your
Personal Information on and transfer your Personal Information to a central database located in
South Africa and or external servers. If the location of the central database is located in a country
that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data,
we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected
in that jurisdiction.
- Your information will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this
WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
- We will never share your personal data with 3rd parties unless it is deemed necessary to provide
you with the service you have requested from us, and then we never grant permission for 3
parties to use your data except to provide service.
- Third parties: We may disclose Personal Information about you to other third parties to comply
with applicable laws and regulations. We also reserve the right to disclose such Personal
Information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of our Website and
where we believe, in our sole discretion, that your use of our Website is inconsistent with the
aggregate form with third parties including advertisers and business partners, to understand
customer trends and patterns and manage and improve our business relationships. We provide
your Personal Information to third party processors to administer and process for the purposes
as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain professional advice. Any such processing will be governed
by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving and all of your statutory data protection
- Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & ad-servers: Our and your Website may contain links to
be different from ours. We encourage you to consult the other sites’ privacy policies on such third
party sites before submitting any Personal Information, as we are not responsible for and have
no control over Personal Information that is submitted to, or collected by, these Third Party
Websites. On this Website, we sometimes offer content or programmes that are sponsored by or
co-branded with identified third parties (e.g., educational events or promotions). These third
parties can obtain Personal Information that you voluntarily submit to them to make use of the
offer. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your Personal Information by these
third parties. However, you should be informed, at the point of collection of such personally
identifiable information, if these third parties will obtain such information, how it will be
processed and to whom it will be transferred. On our Website, third parties may present or serve
advertisements, provide us with data collection, reporting and ad response measurement, as well
as assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties
may view, edit, or set their own cookies. The use of these technologies by such third parties is
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLDS ABOUT YOU?
- To see the Personal Information we have collected through this Website or our service that relates
to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Information please contact us, In
addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use
of your Personal Information.
USE OF THE WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
- Our service is not available to children under the age of 18.
- Visitors of our site are not monitored by age as we do not host any adult content.
law or technology or changes in our practices regarding the collection and use of Personal
will be posted on this Website so that you are always informed of the latest version.
ways other than the ones described above, without informing you and providing you with the
opportunity to consent to such modified conditions concerning the use and disclosure of your
or by order of a court of competent jurisdiction it shall be deemed deleted and the continuation in full
force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced unless a court of competent